Baccarat

Baccarat is a classic card game played with two hands, the player and the banker. Hand values ranges from 0 to 9. Who ever comes closest to 9 wins.

Try baccarat  

How To Win at Baccarat

  • 2856 read article
    • Published:
    • Last updated

If you’re seeking tips on how to win at Baccarat every time, this guide will give you all the tools you need to improve your gameplay. We’ll cover everything from the basics of the game, exclusive tips and tricks on how to win at baccarat at casino, an in-depth guide to the rules of Baccarat, and a section of answers to frequently asked questions. Read on to get the lowdown on how to beat baccarat using simple and easy to use strategies in the game.

play baccarat  

How To Win at Baccarat

Tips and Strategies for How to Win at Baccarat Every Time

Because punto banco baccarat is a game of chance, it is difficult to affect the outcome of the game, except by knowing one’s chances of winning and therefore how much to wager on a hand. For the other kinds of baccarat, the player is able to influence the outcome of the game, and that’s where strategy comes in. Here are a few tips and strategies on how to win at baccarat every time, to give you a winning edge. Learning how to consistently win at baccarat is a huge game-changer.

Know Your Odds

Being aware of the odds when playing and betting on baccarat helps you make the most informed decisions possible and lets you play with more confidence. Having the numbers on your side makes a big difference for learning how to beat baccarat. You certainly don’t need to memorise all the odds for all possible outcomes, but familiarise yourself with what the likelihood of a positive outcome is for a given bet allows you to make the most out of your bankroll.

In the Baccarat Odds section, there are a few helpful tables of baccarat playing odds which will make it easier to create and assess your game plan. Check it out for detailed odds listings.

play baccarat  

Bet on the Banker

If you want to know how to beat baccarat, you need to know how to bet on the banker. In general, you will have better odds betting on the banker than on the player, because the percentage favours the banker bet. The house edge is slightly less on the banker vs the player, at 1.06% for the banker bet and 1.24 for bets on the player. That means that the odds are a bit higher for the banker to win, 45.86% of the time, as opposed to 44.62% of the time when a bet is placed on the player. And your chances are even worse when you bet on a tie outcome, at only 9.52% chance of winning, making the 45.86% odds of a banker bet win look rather appealing. Out of all decisions in baccarat, a bet on the banker will win 50.68% of them, and the player, 49.32. All things considered, you’re most likely to walk away with more winnings when you bet on the banker, as opposed to the other options available.

Avoid Betting on a Tie

Based on the odds of you winning, the tie bet is the least likely outcome of the three main baccarat bets. As opposed to the banker and player bets, where you stand to win 45.86% and 44.62% of bets respectively, a tie bet only stands a 9.52% chance of winning. That is a quite measly chance for success, so it is advisable to at least minimise your bets on a tie, if not avoiding betting on a tie altogether. The payout on a tie is proportionately high, meaning if you do indeed win on a tie bet, you’ll do well from it, but since the house takes a 5% commission on your wins, it’s still not such a wise option to bet on a tie unless you feel quite confident in your decision to do so.

play baccarat  

Consider Factors which Affect the Odds of Winning

There are a number of factors which determine the odds when you play baccarat. Those include the number of decks in play, commission and the house edge. We advise you to consider all the factors below to understand how to beat baccarat.

House Edge

The house edge has a great effect on the outcome when gambling in baccarat because it determines the odds of making a return. This rate is always at least 1 percent and can vary depending on how many decks are being played. The standard house edge for a bet on the banker is 1.06 percent, with a standard deviation of around 93 percent. For a bet on the player, this number is typically higher, roughly 1.24 percent with a standard deviation of about 95 percent. For a tie, the house edge is 14.36 percent. Understanding the house edge is crucial in your process of learning on how to beat baccarat.

Banker’s Commission

The standard rate of the banker’s commission is 5 percent, but different places set this number higher or lower. This is a good factor to keep in mind because it can take a significant cut out of your winnings if you’re playing at a higher rate than average. Check to see what the commission is before you play so that you’re aware of and agree to the rate so you don’t lose a chunk of cash without being prepared for it.

Discuss with Other Players

To exchange and learn from other players’ experiences, it’s useful to check out forums, where other people post tips, tricks and stories about their trials and errors with baccarat. That way you can learn how to win at baccarat at casino. Those forums can be treasure troves of information on how to win playing baccarat, and they give you access to loads of knowledge from experience, without having to learn the hard way every step of the way. You might also be surprised by some unorthodox tactics which don’t get listed in official gaming guides. On the other side, you can’t always trust everything on the internet, so be cautious about how much you buy into suggestions from unofficial sources. Check to see if strategies gleaned from baccarat forums can be verified by other players or comes from a trustworthy source before putting your money on it.

play baccarat  

Make Yourself a Baccarat Betting Budget

Every business makes a plan before they go out wildly spending in the hopes of somehow making the money back, and if you are thinking of betting on baccarat in hopes of raking in money, it’s quite important to make yourself a budget. Think about how much you are willing to invest beforehand and how much you are able to comfortably part with, in case you were to lose. Many people like to create a monthly allowance for their betting, so they know for sure they can bet how they please, but it won’t affect their lifestyle in the worst case scenario. Often online betting sites even have special services which help you calculate what a reasonable budget would be, based on your monthly income and expenses. There are also responsible betting options, which can be set to lock when you have surpassed the limit you have set for yourself, and they will only unlock again at the change of the month. These options are great even for those who feel they have their gambling under control, but simply want a better business overview of the financial side of their betting. Keeping a closer eye on this aspect can help you improve your returns, and also have a more enjoyable experience because you have less to worry about in terms of the money you spend on betting.

play baccarat  

Switch Up Your Bets

Introducing variations to your bets is a good way to affect your chances of winning, as during the game the odds for different outcomes will change over time. By strategically switching between bets on the banker and the player, you could stand a better chance of winning than if you just sit on one kind of bet through a whole game. Another positive to this is that it’s simply more interesting and you can be more engaged in the game and make active decisions when you weigh the potential betting options hand by hand. This makes you agiler in being able to adjust to the changing conditions of the game.

Try Out Side Bets

Similarly to the previous section on switching up your betting patterns, it’s also useful to consider placing side bets. This can be a lucrative strategy for finding favourable odds. It can also either increase your winnings or it can hedge your bet, so in case you lose on one outcome, you might win on a side bet, and the payouts can be excellent on side bets. One example of this is the Super 6 side bet, which can pay off quite well if it happens, 12 to 1 instead of the 8 to 1, .95 to 1 or 1 to 1 options on regular bets like ties, banker and player. Check out the odds on baccarat side bets in the Odds segment of this guide.

Don’t Waste Time Counting Cards in Online Baccarat

Many suggest that card counting is the way to go on beating baccarat, but there are definitely holes in this theory. While this might hold water in an actual casino with physical cards, it’s not the case in an online casino, where every card is generated randomly. Even in a real-life casino, there are rules and practices to prevent people from using this strategy, such as shuffling the cards every time and also discouraging players from doing so. All in all, you’re better off learning an actual strategy than trying to count cards.

How to Beat Baccarat – Recap

Hopefully, this gives you a good overview of how to put together your how to win at baccarat strategy. The next few sections are filled with other useful information on baccarat to flesh out your baccarat savvy and ultimately boost your winning power.

We hope you enjoyed our guide on how to win at baccarat.

play baccarat