How To Play Baccarat Online
- Last updated
How To Play Baccarat Online – Basic Rules
It also has some of the highest rates of return, and this is part of what makes it necessary to locate baccarat tables in rooms separate from the main gambling floor. The stakes placed in baccarat games are usually very high, granted to the fact that minimum bets are much higher than in other card games, and this results in security concerns, which in turn results in the necessity to locate the rooms away from the main gambling room.
An understanding of how the game is played will make it even more enjoyable. So what exactly are the rules of the game?
The game of baccarat is a card game, just like blackjack and poker. However, unlike these games, baccarat is more heavily based on luck. The game involves a player, a banker and other players. The banker is meant to represent the house but not in the exact sense of the phrase. In a real casino, a baccarat table could hold about 12 players. The players simply bet on whether the player or the banker will win. Another option is to bet on a tie.
The game is paid out in a ratio of 1:1. If you place a wager of $100, your winnings will be $200. However, if you bet on the banker to win and you end up winning through this bet, the house charges you a commission. A winning through a bet on the player does not involve any cut; you walk away with your money clean and doubled. A winning though a bet on a tie results in a pay out of 8:1 or 9:1 depending on the casino.
How to calculate scores
The first step in learning how to play baccarat is to know how scores are calculated. The face cards are valued at 0. Also, the card numbered 10 is valued at 0. The ace card is valued at 1. And at any time when the cards of either the player or the banker sums up to anything more than 9, the number to the left is dropped to leave the single figure on the right. For example, if a player gets a combination of 6 and 7, the mathematical sum is 13, but in baccarat, the ‘1’ is dropped so that the sum reads as 3. The game of baccarat simply involves the numbers between 1 and 9. In this way, it is not possible to get a bust as one would in blackjack.
So now you know how scores are calculated, but how is the winner determined at the end of the game? This is very simply done and is very similar to blackjack. The winner is the hand which has cards totaling to 9 or the highest number close to 9. Of course, the final sum can never go above 9 since the first digit in a 2-digit number is always cut off.
In a land based casino, playing the game is much simpler as you can always watch what other players are doing and imitate their decisions. This will, however, limit your decision making capability.
In online casinos, the first step is usually to place your wager. Decide whether you want to bet on the player or the banker winning, or the game ending in a draw.
Then the dealer will deal two cards and, as a player, all you have to do is wait for the game to end so you can read the score and determine whether you won or lost money. Sometimes, the dealer may deal three cards in online casinos but as a player, you don’t need to worry about this. Also, sometimes, the cards can be dealt so fast that you feel like there were three cards dealt.
If the game ends in a tie and there was no bet placed on the tie, this will normally result in a push. A push is a situation in which the casino gives the wager back to the player.
Variations of the game
Baccarat rules can vary from casino to casino. The game involves three main variations: Punto Banco, Baccarat Chemin de fer and Baccarat Banque.PLAY BACCARAT ONLINE!
Punto Banco is named after the names of the two participants of the game. Punto refers to the player and Banco refers to the banker. Punto Banco is the most popular variation of the game in the Western Countries. In this game, the casino banks all the sessions and has to play both hands according to a set of rules called the ‘tableau’, which is French for ‘board’.
The game is played off a shoe with 4, 6 or 8 decks of cards. The game is ended when either the player or the banker has a set of cards totaling to 8 or 9. If neither the player nor the banker has a total of 8 or 9, it is decided according to the rules, whether the player should receive a third card. If this still does not result in the player having a sum of 8 or 9, it is decided whether the banker should receive a third card, and so on. The one with a number closest to 9 is the winner. The game can never result in a burst as the first number will be struck off to leave a number between 1 and 9.
The baccarat rules governing the hit or stand of the player and the banker are as follows:
- If neither the player nor the banker has cards totaling to 8 or 9, the player can draw an extra card if the player’s cards sum up to a value lower than 5. If the player’s cards total to 6 or 7, the player is required to stand.
- If the player had cards totaling to 6 or 7 and had to stand, the banker is required to follow the same procedure as the player. In other words, the banker will have to stand if the banker’s cards sum up to 6 or 7. If his cards add up to 5 or less, the banker can draw.
- In the instance that the player draw a third card, and draws a 2 or a 3, the banker is required to draw if they have a cards totaling to less than 4. If they banker has cards totaling to 5, 6 or 7, then the banker is required to stand.
- In the occasion that the player drew a third card, and drew a 4 or 5, then the banker is required to draw if the banker’s cards sum up to less than 5. The banker is required to stand if his cards total to 6 or 7.
- If the player drew a third card, and drew a 6 or a 7, then the banker is required to draw an extra card if his cards sum up to 6 or less; and stand if his cards total to 7.
- If the player drew a third card and drew an 8, then the banker is required to draw an extra card if his cards total to 0, 1 or 2. With a sum of 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7, the banker is expected to stand.
- If the player drew a 9, ace, king, queen or jack, then the banker is expected to draw if his cards sum up to 0, 1, 2 or 3 and is expected to stand if his cards sum up to a number between 4 and 7.
These rules can be hard to remember. They are arrived at through a mathematical formula which is not easier to understand, but is easier to remember. The formula takes the number 8 as -2 and the number 9 as -1. The number that the player picks is to be divided by 2, and the result is to be rounded off, but down towards 0. Then you add 3 to the result. If the banker’s total is this number or something lower, then the banker can draw. If the sum of the bankers cards is above this number, then the banker has to stand.
That is why casinos will usually put the rules out in a much easier to remember form as follows:
- If the banker’s cards sum up to 0, 1 or 2, then the banker will draw a third card no matter the card picked by the player.
- If the banker’s cards add up to 3, then the banker can draw an extra card in all situations except when the player picks an 8.
- If the banker’s cards total to 4, then he can pick a third card if the player picked a card valued at between 2 and 7.
- If the banker’s total is 5, then the banker can take a third card if the player picked a card valued at between 4 and 7.
- If the banker’s total is 6, then the banker can draw a third card if the player picked a 6 or a 7.
- If the banker’s cards total to 7, then the banker has to stand regardless of what the player picked.
This is another variation of the game which much more closely resembles the original form of the game. The key difference in this game is that the bankers bet is paid out in a ratio of 1:1. In the event that the banker wins with a card total of 7, then the game is nullified and the result is a push, meaning that the gamblers get their money back. The game can only be nullified in this way if the banker already had three cards.
Others will refer to this variation of Baccarat as Punto 2000. The game is closer to the game of Punto Banco, except for the fact that the casino does not take a cut in the event that a gambler wins with a bet in the banker.
Chemin de fer
This is also a popular variation of the game of baccarat. In this version, one player is made the banker and the other are the punters. The role of banker is passed in order round the table in a counterclockwise direction. The rest of the gamblers who are not bankers play the role of the player as one. The cards are dealt to the banker and to the punters. The player with the highest wager handles the cards on behalf of the rest of the players. If either the players or the banker has an 8 or a 9, the game ends. In any other case, the players can choose whether or not to pick an extra card.
In chemin de fer, the players can apply strategy to increase the chance that they will win against the banker. The strategy is similar to the kind of logic applied in blackjack. The player should deal when they have cards below 5 and stand when they have cards totaling to anything above 6.
Baccarat banque is another variation which is much more related to Chemin de fer. In fact, the variation is even called Bacarat Chemin de fer. In this variation, one of the players assumes the role of the banker, and the rest of the gamblers become the players. However, unlike in chemin de fer, the gambler who is designated the role of banker does not have to give up his role until he loses a game. Otherwise, the gambler retains the role or can give it up by their own free will.
Playing with the Bonuses
Baccarat is a great game to play with bonuses as the odds offered are higher than in most other games. It is, however, important to check the casino’s bonuses first as some casinos can have different requirements. Some casinos will not even allow players to play certain games with the bonuses. Some will require the gambler to play a number of games before finally being able to withdraw the money.
Strategies for Playing Baccarat Online – Free Online Baccarat Game
Of course, the game of baccarat is mostly based on luck and the player can usually relax after placing the bet. However, certain strategies can help you increase the probability that you will walk away a winner. The strategy on how to play baccarat online is very similar to playing baccarat in regular casinos. You just need to understand the rules.
It is important to understand the baccarat odds before placing a bet. The odds for the banker to win will usually be at about 44.6% and will pay out in a ration of 1:1, with a percentage of the money going to the casino. The player has higher odds at about 45.8% and the pay out is in a similar ration, but with no cut for the casino. The odds of the game ending up in a tie are close to nothing, at about 9.5%. This is the reason why betting on the game ending in a draw involves much higher odds of 8:1 or 9:1. As a baccarat player, you need to avoid placing bets on a tie since the likelihood of this ever happening is very low.
The best strategy for a long term game is to bet on the banker. The banker has the higher probability of winning and is therefore the safest to bet on for a longer time. The bet on a tie is known as ‘sucker bet’ since this is the worst bet a gamer can make.
With this, the house edge is very low at less than 1%, making it one of the games with the highest probability of the player getting a win. This however, means that if you bet on the player many games, there is a probability that you will lose about 1% of the times.
Another important point to note is that the game usually has a pattern. As a gambler, you can keep your eyes open for a pattern on who is winning and how many times. You may notice a pattern and use it to your advantage.This notion also applies to online baccarat and provides you with the answer on how to play baccarat online.
Keeping track of your bankroll
Keeping track of your bankroll is part of a great gaming strategy. Many gamblers go in to play baccarat and other casino games with no idea of how much money they can spend on the game, and when they can stop. Without deciding on these exact figures beforehand, one can very easily be swayed to spend more and more money and go broke gaming.
The bankroll plan should also include how much money you can be content with. At some point, you may win a lot of money and your brain tries to mislead you into spending more money. The logic behind this is usually that it is your lucky day, which of course may be true; but probably is not. For this reason, it is important to decide what amount of money you can spend and lose, and what amount you will stop at after making some winnings.
Another important tip when playing baccarat online is to first find out what variation of the game you are playing. This is usually indicated. If you are not sure about it, you can check up the rules of the game, and then place your bet after you find this out.
In bacarrat banque and chemin de fir, if you are playing online, it is important to remember the etiquette and place your bet on the same side as the rest of the players. Also, it is considered good etiquette to play it safe. Playing safe means that you only deal when your cards add up to 4 or less. If your cards total to 6 or more, then it is safe to stand. This is especially important when you are representing the rest of the players. In some cases, the games of baccarat banque and chemin de fir can be played solo.
Playing Baccarat online vs. playing offline
Baccarat is mainly popular with Asian players in the casino. How you choose to play the game can affect the outcome of your gambling.
Advantages of playing baccarat online
- Playing baccarat offline involves some traditional etiquette which can affect your making of decisions. One of these is the need for you to bet on the side of the majority of the players. In many casinos, other players find it a form of etiquette to bet on the hand that most of them are playing on.
- Playing baccarat in land based casinos can result in some level of risk. For one, you are likely to win a lot of money, and people at the casino are also likely to lose a lot of money. They may decide to take out their frustration on you when you walk out the casino. Also, considering the fact that most people play at night, the level of risk is much higher. All this risk is skipped when you choose to play baccarat online.
- You can take advantage of the bonuses offered by most online casinos. These can be bonuses for inviting friends, joining a betting site or placing an initial bet.
Disadvantages of playing baccarat online
- You do not get to play with other people and can therefore not take advantage of their understanding of the game.
- Also, you do not get to meet people and therefore miss out on the social aspect of playing at the casino.
If you’re looking for specific tips on how to win at baccarat, check this article out.
We hope you no have all the knowledge needed in terms on how to play baccarat online.PLAY BACCARAT ONLINE!